Hmm, today we still didn't get to do much as we spent much of the morning packing and sending off our two backpacks to the Takayama. It costs us 3950 yen to send both backpacks. We came out of the hotel only after noon time and by the time we reached Meiji Jingu, it was already 2 plus. We went for lunch and came back to see Meiji Jingu being closed... In the end, we took a walk around Harajuku instead which is within walking distance from Meiji Jingu. In retrospect, we should have gone on to Yoyogi Koen instead but I didn't know why I didn't suggest that particular route.
Harajuku has some interesting shops and people as usual but YT was asleep for most of it and the diaper overflowed. I ended up wetter than her though cuz I was slinging her. Managed to get her pretty dry by changing her to an extra set of long pants that I bought out but I got nothing else to change into. Both my top and jeans were wet but luckily it wasn't too cold.
Busy Harajuku
We then went on to Akihabara to look at the electronics but nothing really interesting caught my eyes and mind. We went into this shop where they sell model and remote control cars. They had some old toys on sale too. Diecast cars that were made in the 1990s. We got one nice yellow car for YT. YT said that it is a police car, but I think is actually some kind of garden patrol car. Something like NEA in Singapore perhaps?
Dinner was rather... dreadful. We went into this restaurant with no English speaking staff nor menu. One of the waiter was Chinese but it seemed like he doesn't know his menu all that well... We ended up having this horrible fats and innards stuffs and vegetables cooked in a slightly spicy soup; it was some kind of steamboat. YT basically had nothing but white rice for dinner.
Only remembered to take a picture after finishing most of the vegetables. Left the yucky fats and innards floating in peace.
Extra pics
No comments:
Post a Comment